Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Good Friend




This is my good
friend Graham Hurst...














Who I know from the church that I go to. He is one of my dearest friend's and is like a mentor to me in my life. I can't tell you how encouraging it is for me to have someone who looks out for me and enjoys talking with me even though we are separated by many years in age.

Here are some Stats on my good friend:
He is 84
Played tennis at least 3 times a week until recently (WOW!)
Was an FBI agent (What great stories he has about those days!!!)
He helps the elderly (although most are his age and slightly older) with business stuff
All around Good Guy

If you have the chance to meet him...You SHOULD! I believe every young person should have friends that are older than we are so that we can learn from them and they can learn from us. We both do this for one another and I hope you all get the chance to have this too!

OK....Enough with the gushy Stuff!

3 comments:

Danielle Feliciano said...

amen to the thought on having older friends! You're my favorite older friend mark! Even though you're only 10 years older, and thats hardly the same as being like 40 years older. Oh well like the drawing...

Adam Glendye said...

mark... i think this is touching...

YCLArt said...

hi mark,

andy told me about your blog, so i had to check it out. you are so right about the older friend thing. i have a good friend and his wife, she's in her 50s and he's in his mid 60s, one is artistic and the other very intellectual, and both are so smart and just down right good people. i've known them for over a decade now and consider myself very blessed to have them in my life. i think you can learn a lot from people, especially those that have lived longer than you.

nice drawing, too :-)