Friday, July 11, 2008



This is a comic I did about my trip in NYC. I drew it all out with a ball point pen and each page probably took an hour to do. I like the hand-drawn feel to it so I didn't clean up all of my mistakes on purpose. I added a color on Photoshop to help convey the story...Its an old Indie Comic trick I learned a while ago. I hope you enjoy it.

Alright! I think I've gotten used to this whole blogging thing and now I wanna cut loose and have some fun and not be so stiff with my writing here. Its probably hard to tell if I even have a sense of humor with my stale to-the-point writing.

Let me tell you about this guy name Skip Skipperson....He's your typical know it all News type of guy. When he looks at you he already knows he is better than you and he pities you for that reason. Oh! Did I mention...I made him up of different News casters I have seen on T.V. I thought he would be perfect in contrast of lil' ol'Me.

4 comments:

Danielle Feliciano said...

I like the particular shade of turquoise green you picked. Also, I like Skip Skipperson's face in like very panel because its hilarious and I can suddenly picture EXACTLY how he would narrate my life oh man...thats a story for another day

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark! I'm so glad to see you doing this blog, I really enjoyed reading this comic :) Good luck on the job hunting!

Ronnie said...

Great job, Mark. It was nice having you be part of our little Sketchcrawl and thanks for these drawings. Keep this up.

Ronnie

Josh Booth said...

Mark... as always your work continues to impress me. I a laughed, I cried -- well... i didn't really cry, but I did laugh. Glad to see you're doing this blog. I always enjoy (and miss) seeing your work.